St. Paul’s practices a long tradition of opening the doors of its buildings to the outside community. As the host of many regional programs that offer life-enhancing experiences to children, youth, and adults, our sanctuary and church school building are a vital resource for the health, well-being, and creative expression of hundreds of people each month.
St. Paul’s is home to programs that promote citizenship, community ties, and mental, physical, and spiritual health:
- Weddings, funerals, and baptisms of individuals from throughout the community
- Psychological counseling: Our associate pastor, Penny Gadzini, is a licensed therapist who has set up her practice here.
- Franciscan Study Circle, exploring the Franciscan Intellectual Tradition
- Yoga classes
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Boy Scouts Troupe 410, celebrating 50 years of association with St. Paul’s
- Sea Scouts Troupe 270 for younger scouts
- Train for Success builds character in addition to athletic skill in young people in a rigorous, basketball-based daily program.
- Adult and youth soccer and adult badminton and pickleball groups use the gym on a regular basis.
- The Northport Singles Circle offers important fellowship opportunities.
- Asharoken Garden Club meets to plan beautification projects that benefit the community far and wide.
St. Paul’s has become known as the church for the arts:
- Northport Opera Night offers soaring performances in the sanctuary each month.
- The Playhouse at St. Paul’s is the venue for summer theater workshops offered by the Northport-East Northport Community Theatre, as well as the annual Northport One-Act Play Festival, produced by Northport Plays, Inc., which also offers a monthly playwriting and play-reading workshop
- The Starlight Coffeehouse Music Series presents monthly performances by top-notch professionals, sponsored by the Northport Arts Coalition
For more information and to inquire about space available for your group’s activities and programs, contact the church office at 631-261-0804 or email@example.com.