St. Paul’s practices a long tradition of opening the doors of its buildings to the outside community. As the host of many regional programs that offer life-enhancing experiences to children, youth, and adults, our sanctuary and church school building are a vital resource for the health, well-being, and creative expression of hundreds of people each month.
St. Paul’s is home to programs that promote citizenship, community ties, and mental, physical, and spiritual health:
- Weddings, funerals, and baptisms of individuals from throughout the community
- Psychological counseling offered by licensed therapist Penny Gadzini
- Yoga classes
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Boy Scouts Troupe 410, celebrating 50 years of association with St. Paul’s
- Sea Scouts Troupe 270 for younger scouts
- Train for Success builds character in addition to athletic skill in young people in a rigorous, basketball-based daily program.
- Adult and youth soccer and adult badminton and pickleball groups use the gym on a regular basis.
- The Northport Singles Circle offers important fellowship opportunities.
- Asharoken Garden Club meets to plan beautification projects that benefit the community far and wide.
St. Paul’s has become known as the church for the arts:
- Northport Opera Night offers soaring performances in the sanctuary each month.
- The Playhouse at St. Paul’s is the venue for summer theater workshops offered by the Northport-East Northport Community Theatre, as well as the annual Northport One-Act Play Festival, produced by Northport Plays, Inc., which also offers a monthly playwriting and play-reading workshop
- The Starlight Coffeehouse Music Series presents monthly performances by top-notch professionals, sponsored by the Northport Arts Coalition
- St. Paul’s is used for the John W. Engeman Theater summer camp programs.
For more information and to inquire about space available for your group’s activities and programs, contact the church office at 631-261-0804 or firstname.lastname@example.org.